As I said yesterday, there are a few 7DRL entrants that I would have liked to try but, for one reason or another, couldn’t. This was usually because the games were downloadable only as source code, and to be honest I’m too lazy to try and compile them for myself They are just as deserving of public attention, so if you’re interested in these somewhat more obscure games, keep checking on Rogue Temple and its forums for the latest news on them.
Meantime, as some parting shots for the week, here’s the last of my mentions…
- chickhack [link, pictured left] – gets a mention for being a C64 game, of all things! Play it emulated on something like WinVice.
- Nyctos [link, pictured middle] – are you afraid of the dark? Lots of ‘orrible nasties are lurking where you can’t see them, that’s for sure!
- Expedition [link] – an ambitious exploration / settlement-building roguelike done in Java. See a video of it in action here.
- Cypress Tree Manor [link] – looks very good, but only available in Python source code for now. If you fancy some zombie escape survival, take a gander at it.
- The Favored [link, pictured right] – likened to Robotfindskitten [link] in reverse (whatever that means), this is actually one of the better entries and worth checking out if you don’t mind being cruel to helpless bunnies.
Hope you enjoyed this little bit of coverage of the roguelike world! Coming tomorrow: probably nothing at all. Oh, maybe a Dalyn’s Quill update, but then again, maybe not…